It’s come to my attention that people are starting to get stir crazy & are looking for physical comfort (to put it nicely). Apparently, social distancing seems worse than risking potential demise. According to US News & World Report, 92% of Americans are still “dating as normal.”
Considering questions around this will probably continue to increase, and as the daughter of two doctors, I thought I’d share some best practices:
- If it’s a new swipee, force him to Facetime. (We should all be doing this at first anyway… saves time, and ubers and… general awkwardness).
- Only second dates where hygiene has been inspected should be accepted.
- If the food is bomb, you can use this as an easy opp to not share…always a win in my book.
- Keep in mind, it’s a respiratory disease so stay away from swapping spit & swap other fluids (if you must).
- Just don’t forget, there are other things out there significantly worse than Covid-19…
- If you do succumb to a make out, I suggest washing out your mouth immediately with the highest proof alcohol you can find. Don’t worry, he won’t think you’re an alcoholic… he’ll just think you’re crazy, which is arguably about the same…
- Turn off dating apps and stick to your go to f*ck buddy right now. (The least active one on your roster… I’d go for the guy who’s now more than slightly balding, chances are he’s less sexually active and therefore less likely to infect you!).
- If you’re gay, it’s simple. Lock door. Delete Grinder. Power down phone. The temptation will be too much.
If I think of any more, I’ll be sure to share. But for now, girls, wash your hands.